- Water ressources
- Marine coastal management
- Awareness raising & training
- Vulnerability and impact analysis
- Legistative and institutional framework (political incidence)
Scope: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Guatemala, Jamaica, Mexico, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela
Services: The Inter-American Institute for Global Change Research primary objective is to encourage research by advancing comparative and focused studies based on scientific issues important to the region as a whole. Four broadly defined research foci have been identified:
- Understanding Climate Change and Variability: especially the interactions among ocean-land-atmosphere and its causes for climate variability
- Comparative Studies of Ecosystem, Biodiversity, Land Use and Cover, and Water Resources: comparative and integrated analyses of the effects of Global Environmental Change on natural and anthropogenic systems and processes among tropical, temperate and cold latitude systems.
- Understanding Global Change Modulations of the Composition of the Atmosphere, Oceans and Fresh Waters.
- Understanding the Human Dimensions and Policy Implications of Global Change, Climate Variability and Land Use: Research the dynamic interaction of global change, climate variability, land use and human beings.