The Netherlands Clean Development Mechanism Facility (NCDMF)
Supports projects in developing countries in exchange for such credits under the Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) established by the Kyoto Protocol to the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change.
Clean Development Mechanism; Renewable energy; Energy efficiency; Sequestration; Fuel switching; Methane recovery;Technology transfer.
Public and private entities
Eligible Projects or Programmes:
Projects in developing countries and countries with economies in transition that may be recognized under such mechanisms as the Kyoto Protocol’s CDM and JI.
Description of project proponent. b) Type of project. c) Location of project. d) Expected schedule. e) Financing sought. f) Technical summary of project. g) Expected environmental benefits.
Proposal evaluation criteria:
How to Apply:
1. Submit a project idea note. PIN reviewed by CF Unit of World Bank. If PIN is acceptable, sponsor notified with request to prepare Project concept note.
2. If PCN agreed by FMC (and Participants Committee if required), letter of intent is offered; further work is authorized.
3. Project Design Document prepared (a. Determine whether existing methodology is applicable b. may require baseline study).
4. Bank region begins technical, financial, environmental and social due diligence.
5. CF Unit prepares term sheets and draft ERPA.
6. Project Due Diligence is completed and World Bank internal approvals are secured.