Italian Carbon Fund
Help developing countries achieve sustainable development by leveraging substantial investments in modern energy services and technologies.
Energy efficiency; Renewable energy; Technology transfer.
Public and private entities
Eligible Projects or Programmes:
Projects in developing countries and countries with economies in transition that may be recognized under such mechanisms as the Kyoto Protocol’s CDM and JI.
Description of project proponent. b) Type of project. c) Location of project. d) Expected schedule. e) Financing sought. f) Technical summary of project. g) Expected environmental benefits.
Proposal evaluation criteria:
How to Apply:
1. Submit a project idea note. PIN reviewed by CF Unit of World Bank. If PIN is acceptable, sponsor notified with request to prepare Project concept note.
2. If Project Concept Note agreed a letter of intent is offered; further work is authorized.
3. Project Design Document prepared (a. Determine whether existing methodology is applicable b. may require baseline study).
4. Bank region begins technical, financial, environmental and social due diligence.
5. CF Unit prepares term sheets and draft Emissions Reduction Purchase Agreement.
6. Project Due Diligence is completed and World Bank internal approvals are secured.